What we're up to
Cyber attacks are plaguing SMBs. They're up 1,000% in the past 5 years, and 60% of SMBs go under shortly after getting attacked. Yet SMBs can't get cyber insurance because they lack security controls.
Enter 1Fort - the first cyber insurance solution that actively prevents attacks by providing world-class security software. In the long run, we'll be uniquely positioned to quantify and price cyber risk through the proprietary data we collect, giving us an unparalleled edge to underwrite cyber insurance.
Our team has past experience in insurance, cybersecurity and B2B SaaS growth, and we just raised capital from investors like Village Global, On Deck, Operator Partners, Company Ventures, Character VC and 8-Bit Capital to bring 1Fort to the next level.
What you'll be up to
As a Founding Engineer, you'll take on many of the responsibilities expected in a founder. Main responsibilities include:
- Own the end-to-end development of major features
- Ensure the robustness and reliability of software
- Work closely with the product team to develop and prioritize major features
- Ingest security posture data for cyber risk quantification and underwriting
- Mentor and motivate other software developers
- Conduct code reviews
- Contribute to UI / UX decisions
- Make key infrastructure / architectural decisions
Though beyond all that, you'll help us shape 1Fort's culture and vision, hire new talent, grow our user base, and support customers. What's important to us is someone who is comfortable in being cross-functional, scrappy, entrepreneurial and working in a fast-moving environment.
- Competitive salary and employee-friendly equity in early stage fast-growing startup
- Unlimited PTO
- Best-in-class insurance (and cyber, if you want)
- Remote-first company
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Proven ability to lead and scale tech teams
- Able to create and apply processes and tools to increase development efficiencies
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks
- Good understanding of REST API design and implementation
- Able to proactively take on challenges and point out areas of improvement
- Solid understanding of how insurance works
- Willingness to tackle complex engineering problems
- Prior experience working at a cybersecurity, compliance or insurance company